|Anointing with oil, asking the Spirit to|
put a special touch and blessing on
our shawls, cloths, and blankets.
To give the recipient an anointing from God.
The recipients of our prayer shawls have those days, sometimes several of them in a row, we are called on to pray for these people in their moments of need, of unrest and suffering. It is because of those moments we have a ministry at all.
We have so many calls that have come in for requests for prayer shawls, prayer cloths, and other items because they know someone who is ill, someone who is hurting, needing healing, or someone that is in the deepest grief that they don't know how to come out of, that they just need "something tangible, to know that God is so near to them..." That is how one woman described it to me last week.
|Anointing Ceremony Son and Brother|
I felt a sense of overwhelming joy when I heard her say that to me, I choked up and couldn't speak for a moment, (big deal for me) and I thought, THANK YOU GOD!!! You are there all the time, you help others find out about us, about our heart for you, for your work. Thank you God that they have a heart to help others, to stand in the gap and to pray for them, to have a heart to want to serve and love these people to the kingdom, through their grief, hurt and pain.
|Anointing Ceremony for Pastor's Wife|
Prayer List for Prayer Shawls, Blankets and Cloths
- Female - Just lost 30 yr old daughter to breast cancer, after both have been in remission for a while, Mother's grief so much to fathom. Please pray for her heart and mind.
- Female baby - Lost mother to breast cancer, may have gene for it, needs God's complete covering and protection
- Male-Lost wife to breast cancer, now raising baby girl on his own, need encouragement, heart lifted, and strength to do this alone, even in the help of family and friends, he will face times alone, Angels to surround him and hold him up in this time of grief and loss.
- Female - Breast Cancer Survivor, just lost mother with Cancer herself. Pray for continued health and healing and prayer for overwhelming grief for loss of mother.
- Female Baby - Been in and out of Doctors and Hospitals, two months old, no one knows what is wrong or why she is ill. Anointed infant in person already, but thanking God and claiming healing on her little body.
- Female - Ill, needs healing and encouragement
- Male - Ill, needs healing and encouragement
- Male Teen - parents just separated, has had cancer, Docs think it has returned, but needs prayer for healing, encouragement, and just to lift up entire family through this trial.
God can do anything, we just have to ask. We pray in agreement for these people, pray for not only Doctors to take care of them, to know what is wrong, but PRAY FOR HEALING, RECOVERY, and PEACE. Praying through faith in agreement can move mountains and can answer all these prayer requests for these wonderful people. Some need the Lord and others just need to reconnect to their God. Please remember them on your prayer lists. thank you.