Thursday, July 26, 2012

Now Faith or Plan "B"

"Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

In our own little world we think we have faith. We talk about faith, we talk about having it and believing that God is going to come through. We say things like, "I know God will take care of it, I prayed and asked Him, so I know it will be done..." Then in our heart of hearts we say to ourselves, "I hope so, I think so, well, maybe He will this time, but what if He don't, I better get ready for "PLAN B", and then if that don't work, well I just don't know what I am going to do..."

Don't sit there all smug, saying " I have never done that before, when I say I believe in God's power, I mean it, I NEVER take matters into my own hand." Right... then you are the most perfect, HUMAN BEING ON EARTH. Everyone of us are human, we have doubts, we have fears, God knew this, He gave us free will, to allow yourself the ability to trust in God with all your heart, but also with the choice to not trust, to get impatient and attempt to do things on  your own, in your own power. It seems we have BIG FAITH, when others are around, when you want to look so holy and righteous. We go to the altar and pray, ask God to take things off our plate, to take a burden and carry it on His shoulders, but you only mean for a little while, until you get tired of waiting on HIS time. Then you take it back, some pick it right back up at the altar and take it home with them again. Our faith is just not that strong, all the time.

I was thinking about the woman with the issue of blood, in Mark 5:25-34. She was so amazing. She had this blood disease for 12 years, she had seen all the doctors, she had spent her money trying remedies, treatments, but couldn't find a cure. This is the part I like so much... She said to HERSELF, "If I could just touch, but just the hem, just a piece of His garment, I KNOW, I will be made whole." She didn't have to talk to Jesus, she didn't have to beg for healing, she didn't even have to look AT Him. She knew the Power of Christ was so amazingly strong and His anointing came from God, Himself, that her belief in this God and His Son, would heal her, if she could just reach out and touch the Lord, as He walked by.

The power wasn't in the hem of His garment. It wasn't in her ability to push through the crowd to touch Jesus garment. He told her when He found out who touched Him, go, YOUR FAITH has MADE YOU WHOLE. You see she had such amazing faith in the Christ she had heard of, that she knew, I just need to reach out to Him. Even though He may not have "time" for me, just to reach out and touch His garment will be enough. What faith. What wonderful, marvelous faith!

You see, "Now FAITH, it is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen." The substance of what was hoped for, was her healing, she had hoped for her healing, the evidence of things not seen, was just to reach out and touch the garment would be the catalyst for Christ to heal her body. She knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that if she could reach out and touch, she would be healed. Not proclaim her healing, not beg, borrow, and steal, not plan ahead incase it didn't work, THERE IS NO PLAN B, with God. If you ask for healing, and you believe with all your might that in having faith in the God of All Gods that He would hear your prayer and heal your body, HE WILL DO IT.

As a child of God, you are complete in Him, Col 2:10, so your healing is there, it is waiting in the wings, waiting on your prayer, your faith, and for you to reach out and touch it. Will you? Call on the Lord, let it all go, He will do what He promises, just quit claiming your faith, then doubting the God of that faith. Give it to God, and let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment